Saturday, December 20, 2008

Miami Florida

Today was a day of traveling and all went well and we're now in the Hilton in Downtown Miami. Just had dinner at an Italian restaurant in a nearby hotel and all ready to head for the docks tomorrow morning.

As you'd expect a quiet slog of a day however livened up by 2 neat highlights. The first was meeting Larry King. Then you're not going to believe who we met in the American Airlines / Qantas lounge. If you could think of the greatest Tv sitcom of the past decade I would guess Seinfeld would be close to number 1. No we didn't meet Jerry. However who would be your next character to bump into. It was almost surreal. I was off to the loo just before boarding time and this guy walked past me. He didn't have glasses on as usual so I it took awhile for the penny to drop. It did and I turned around to see another passenger recognise him and the two begin talking. They knew each other. I raced to get Benjy and his autograph book. When he finished his conversation we introduced ourselves and sure enough it was who I thought it was....the one and only George Costanza. Yep Jason Alexander himself. He was really friendly and nice and gave us a genuine 'hullo' and signed a 'to Benjy' autograph. I kicked myself afterwards for not getting the iPhone camera out quick enough. So there you go not bad for one day. I guess this is possible in LA. But I'm guessing after Larry King joined us for breakfast and George Costanza for lunch, both on the same day, we won't bump into another star for the rest of the trip. Still we'll be happy.

Hope we'll have a connection on board. If not, next post will be from Disneyworld on the 28th but check anyway. Eve and Gayle, we're getting closer!

Take care,
- Brad -

No comments:

Post a Comment